CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just call me the Crazy Coupon Lady!

Like everybody, I like to save money whenever possible. I have recently started couponing and have found it to be very beneficial! Let me walk you through some of my big savings today, so you get an idea of how much you can really save!

Here are some of today's purchases:

(sorry I took the picture with my phone)

Regular price of all of these items: $89.54 (before tax)

I paid: (are you ready for this?) $29.66

Which is a savings of 67%. Now I know this isn't as good as you see in the 'extreme couponing' show, but it's about as good as you can get in Canada!

Here's the breakdown item by item, of how I saved:

*Windex: Store offered BOGO + BOGO coupon = I paid for 1 got 2 free (11.97 for 3.99)
*Kandoo: Store offered BOGO (7.98 for 3.99)
*Covergirl Mascara: Store offered BOGO + $2 off when purchasing 2 coupon=(12.78 for 4.39)
* Toilet paper: Store sale price $5.99 + $1 off coupon= (9.99 reg price for 4.99)
*Laundry soap: Reg. 6.99 on sale for 2.97+ $1 off each= (13.98 for 3.94)
*Tylenol: Raincheck from last week sale of BOGO + $4 off when buying 2= (15.98 for 3.99)
*Colgate products: Store sale on Toothbrush for .99 and toothpaste for 2.39 + coupon for $3 off when you buy a colgate toothbrush and toothpaste= (5.38 for .38)
*Ocean Spray: store sale of $2.99 + $1 off each= (7.89 for 3.98)
*Crest Toothbrush: 3.50 value...this was the best deal. This was their 'product of the week' which they offer you when they check out at this 'great price' of 3.50, but if they FORGET to ask if you want it, you get it FREE!!! Many people probably don't really see the sign that says this, ir bother to ask for it if they aren't asked to purchase one, but NOT ME!! I got this one for Free!

So, as you see, I mix the in-store sales with coupons to maximize savings! I'll post a bit later with links to all my coupon sites, where I get most of these awesome coupons!

Thanks!
Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous

Okay - so it's not just me that thinks "couponing" is a hobby that you take up and laugh all the way to the bank:)We have so much in common..did you start a binder yet? BTW, it's your neighbor...Meredith:)

Heather deBoer

Awesome Meredith! I didn't know you did this too! I already have my list made for Shopper's for this week....should get about $33 for $3! We could totally do coupon trades! I did start my binder this week! I feel like such a geek :) But I don't mind looking a little dorky when I save $40-$50 a week on groceries!

Post a Comment