CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Going Green....and loving every bite!


Now that I got that "all about me" stuff out of the way, let me get to what I want this blog to be...tidbits of everyday life.

A friend of my recently joined the "Go Green Smoothie Challenge." This is a Challenge posted by Think, Feel, Be. You can find her at http://www.thinkfeelbe.ca

Now, I try to eat healthy, but I will be the first to admit that I'd rather grab a brownie than an apple. My son recently has had some health issues that have caused me to adjust our diet. I'm finding that instead of this being a struggle to find things that I actually enjoy eating, it's been a challenge that has made me start to make better choices for myself and my family.

When I saw this challenge, I decided to give it a try...I'm 3 days in to the green smoothies, and have adjusted the recipe slightly to add afew flavors that I really like.

The great part about this challenge is how it inspires you to do better in other areas. I got up and took a walk the other morning, and today I chased my 3 year old around the house 3 times. Also, it just doesn't seem right to sit down to a green smoothie, and eat it with a cheeseburger and fries...instead, last night I made chicken quesadillas, full of fresh veggies and wrapped in a spinach pita...I felt particularly healthy.


I hope that I can continue this challenge, as I have felt energized and motivated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment