CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Counting my riches on Mother's Day

I am rich.

I bet you didn't know that about me. I had you all fooled, didn't I?

Why would someone who is rich do what I'm doing? Starting a business is obviously not just for the 'fun & excitement' factor. I haven't been on a real 'vacation' since my honeymoon. My husband works insane hours, and our bank account hoovers between 'just enough' & 'wait til next payday'....but still, I am rich.

I look around me...I hear my children giggling from their beds as my son excitedly tells his 'baby sister' a story about our daily adventure. She jabbers a response. They are my currency, and I am SOOOO rich. They are so beautiful. They are full of love, and they love to give it.

My husband's annoying snore coming from the couch reminds me of how hard he works for our family. He would do anything for our family, as he has proven working 2 difficult winters away from us. As I reach for a pillow to throw at him to stop the snoring, I realize again...I am so rich.

I have every comfort. I have never wondered about my next meal, my biggest concern for clothing is if I can wear black shoes with a brown belt. My home is safe and warm and secure, even if the bank does own much more of it than I do.

So, do you believe me now? If not, let me tell you what else I have.

I have Jesus.

I am so, so rich...

0 comments:

Post a Comment